UWU is a campaigning union. We support our members to build people powered campaigns underpinned by a simple principle – that union employers should hold themselves to the same standards as the standard they demand from employers.
Discover and get involved in our campaigns below, where you can get more background and read the latest updates.
NEU Pension – stop cuts to our retirement
Demand a fair pension at the NEU: Open letter to Dr Mary Bousted and Kevin Courtney, Joint General Secretaries, National Education Union
Our founding campaign areas
- Defending pay and pensions – End pay erosion by rejecting real-terms pay cuts and campaigning for rises in line with Retail Price Index (RPI). Resisting pension cuts to maintain dignity in retirement.
- Ending institutional racism – Join our network for black trade union workers. Support our network by becoming a black ally and tackle workplace racism together.
- Supporting reps – Lay representatives can join the UWU as associate members. Sign up to support your officer and for access to networking and training.
- Women workers – Help build a strong network of women union workers to break the patriarchy and make the movement fit for the 21st century.
- No to transphobia – Join our network of LGBT+ union workers. Help us say “no” to transphobia and all forms of discrimination in every union workplace.